Booking a trip with us – How it works?
For scheduled trips, you can directly send a booking enquiry by clicking on Book Now next to each event. Send in your basic details asked for in the booking form. We will get back to you with the detailed itinerary, trip essentials and payment details.
Booking a trip with us is a two-step process.
Pay 10% in advance and secure your seat. You are required to send us a confirmation email with the copy of the bank payment slip to firstname.lastname@example.org
In order for us to secure your booking, pay the remaining 90% prior to the date of departure. Upon payment, you are required to send us the following details by email to email@example.com:
- Scanned copy of the Medical fitness certificate attested by a certified medical practitioner
- Scanned copy of Payment slip from the bank for payment of 90% of the booking amount.
- Please specify if you need a mule/porter so that we can arrange for one in advance. You can make the payment once you are here
- Specify if you want a single room for yourself. The cost will be communicated to you upon request
Upon receiving these details, we will confirm your booking and the receipt of our payment by email. You can correspond with us over the same email id for any further queries. We are happy to help!
- Booking is secured temporarily upon payment of 10% of the amount
- Bookings will be confirmed after the 90% payment is received prior to the date of departure.
- For bookings made within less than 15 days of the date of departure, the full amount must be paid in advance.
All payments must be made by (online) bank transfer/cheque/demand draft to the following account:
Account Name: Roots Ladakh
Account No: 35030436859
Account Type: Current
Bank: State Bank of India
IFSC Code: SBIN0001390
Cancellation – How it works?
For scheduled trips, we reserve the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate enrolment that makes the trip economically infeasible to operate or because of our concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the participants.
If the trip is cancelled due to inadequate enrolment, you will be intimated at least a week in advance. We will cancel the trip if the group size is less than six, one week before the start of the journey.
In case of voluntary cancellation, send us a notice by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Requesting cancellation --”
- 75% refund if cancelled >40 days prior to departure date
- 50% refund if cancelled >30 days prior to departure date
- 25% refund if cancelled >20 days prior to departure date
- 0% refund if cancelled >10 days prior to departure date
- No refund will be granted on cancellation is done within one week of the date of journey.
- No refund will be granted for portion/portions of the journey not performed by the traveller.
- No refund will be granted in case of non-performance of journey due to external and natural events.
- The refund process will take at least 10 to 15 days working days.
- In the event of any dispute, the matter shall be resolved under the jurisdiction of the District Court, Kargil.
Terms specific to scheduled trips:
- If the remaining 90% is not received 15 days prior to the date of departure, the booking will be considered as cancelled and will be made open for other interested participants. The 10% advance will be retained as a cancellation fee
- A full refund will be made for trips cancelled by us due to inadequate enrollment
Services included in the cost is subject to the individual trip. You can refer to the trip itinerary details to see what services are included in the cost. Following are the services that are usually excluded from the cost unless specified in the particular itinerary:
- International & Domestic flight fares
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation in Srinagar/Leh
- Taxi from Leh/Srinagar to Kargil
- Monument/monastery and Museum visit fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- The cost incurred due to change/extension in the itinerary due to roadblocks, bad weather condition, flight delays, vehicle breakdowns, etc.