Terms & Conditions
Booking a trip with us – How it works?
For scheduled trips, you can directly send a booking enquiry by clicking on Book Now next to each event. Send in your basic details asked for in the booking form. We will get back to you with the detailed itinerary, trip essentials and payment details.
Booking a trip with us is a two step process.
Pay 10% in advance and secure your seat. You are required to send us a confirmation email with the copy of the bank payment slip email@example.com
In order for us to secure your booking, pay the remaining 90% prior to the date of departure. Upon payment, you are required to send us the following details by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scanned copy of the Medical fitness certificate attested by a certified medical practitioner
- Scanned copy of Payment slip from the bank for payment of 90% of the booking amount.
- Please specify if you need a mule/porter so that we can arrange for one in advance @500/day x 4 trekking days. You can make the payment once you are in Kargil.
- Specify if you want a single room for yourself. Cost will be communicated to you upon request
Upon receiving these details, we will confirm your booking and the receipt of our payment by email. You can correspond with us over the same email id for any further queries. We are happy to help!
- Booking is secured temporarily upon payment of 10% of the amount
- Bookings will be confirmed after the 90% payment is received prior to date of departure.
- For bookings made within less than 15 days of the date of departure, the full amount must be paid in advance.
For private journeys/expeditions/customized trips/day trips, you have the liberty to pick your own dates, group size and tweak the itinerary, send us a direct enquiry from the itinerary page. We will correspond with you via email to tailor and finalize the trip.
- A minimum of 60% of the amount must be paid to confirm the booking
- The remaining amount must be paid before the commencement of the journey
All payments must be made by (online) bank transfer/cheque/demand draft to the following account:
Account Name: Roots Ladakh
Account No: 35030436859
Account Type: Current
Bank: State Bank of India
IFSC Code: SBIN0001390
Cancellations – How it works?
For scheduled trips, We reserve the right to cancel any trip because of inadequate enrolment that makes the trip economically infeasible to operate or because of our concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the participants.
If the trip is cancelled due to inadequate enrolment, you will be intimated at least a week in advance. We will cancel the trip if the group size is less than six, one week before the start of the journey.
For scheduled trips/private journeys/expeditions/customized trips/day trips, in case of voluntary cancellation, send us a notice by email to email@example.com with the subject line “Requesting cancellation --”
• 30% of the total amount will be retained as cancellation fee if the trip is canceled 30-21 days prior to date of journey.
• 50% of the total amount will be retained as cancellation fee if the trip is canceled 21-15 days prior to date of journey.
• 70% of the total amount will be retained as cancellation fee if the trip is canceled 15-07 days prior to date of journey.
• No refund will be granted on cancellation done within one week of the date of journey.
• No refund will be granted for portion/portions of the journey not performed by the traveler.
• No refund will be granted in case of non-performance of journey due to external and natural events.
• The refund process will take atleast 10 to 15 days working days.
• In the event of any dispute, the matter shall be resolved under the jurisdiction of the District Court, Kargil.
Terms specific to scheduled trips:
- If the remainder 90% is not received 15 days prior to the date of departure, the booking will be considered as cancelled and will be made open for other interested participants. The 10% advance will be retained as cancellation fee
- Full refund will be made for trips cancelled by us due to inadequate enrollment
Services included in the cost is subject to individual trip. You can refer to the trip itinerary details to see what services are included in the cost.
Following are the services that are usually excluded from the cost, unless specified in the particular itinerary:
- International & Domestic flight fares
- Travel Insurance
- Accommodation in Srinagar/Leh
- Taxi from Leh/Srinagar to Kargil
- Monument/monastery and Museum visit fees.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as mineral water, laundry.
- Any kind of insurance, such as accident, theft, medical, evacuation etc.
- Tips to porters, camping team, driver, guide, etc.
- Cost incurred due to change / extension in the itinerary due to roadblocks, bad weather condition, flight delays, vehicle breakdowns, etc.
Itinerary Modifications & Liabilities
Travelling on a Roots trip requires a degree of flexibility, and that the trip’s route, accommodation and modes of transport are subject to change without prior notice due to local circumstances. If we deem it advisable to amend an itinerary for any reason, we will do so by shortening, varying or rerouting any trip. These changes are binding and additional expenses will be charged.
The itineraries and staff are subject to modification. We reserve the right to make changes in the published itinerary whenever, in our judgment, conditions warrant, or if we deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants.
Weather conditions may be severe, adverse and/or unpleasant and that medical services or facilities may not be readily available or accessible during some or all of the time during which he/she is participating on the trip.
By signing up for a trip with Roots, you acknowledge that you have voluntarily applied to participate in this trip and that you have read the description of the trip as it appears on the website. You are required to sign an Indemnity Form before commencement of trip.
Fitness & Heath
You are expected to be in reasonable shape and fitness and being able to walk for several hours at a normal pace as well as to take care of your own equipment. You could have to transport your own luggage and bags in airports and hotels. By registering in our workshops you attest that you have no physical limitation or incapacity that could create risk to or impact in the rhythm of the rest of the group.
We reserves the right to request a medical certificate from a participant at any time before departure or during the trip.
If you have any special needs or any physical condition that you feel might prevent you from fully participating, please contact us.
We reserve the right to refuse the participation of any participant not considered suitable due to his fitness level.
Roots Ladakh reserves the right and permission to use photographs of individuals on tour for use in promotional and publicity purposes. We also reserve the right to use clients photographs for promotional and publicity purposes, when submitted to Roots Ladakh.
Restricted Areas and Entry Permits
There are some areas entry to which are only granted upon acquiring an Inner Line Permit (ILP) issued by the local administration office in Leh/Kargil. While we will arrange the permit for you, especially Non-Indian travellers must carry a valid passport and have obtained the appropriate visas when travelling along with atleast two passport size photographs.
Accommodations (hotels, tents, and cruise cabins) are based on double occupancy. If the participant prefers single accommodations, he/she must pay a single supplement fee, which is listed in the Trip Itinerary. If the participant is traveling alone and wishes to share accommodations, we will assign him/her a roommate of the same gender. If there is no one with whom the participant can share, he/she is required to pay the single supplement fee