We are inviting people from different backgrounds to work with us on projects of various scopes through the summer such as trek recces, design & architecture workshops, craft documentation, travel blogging and so on. We usually update on our social media platforms whenever there is a requirement but you can still reach out to us with your thoughts and ideas. We are always open to new and interesting projects.
If you are anyone of the persons mentioned below and wish to work in Ladakh & transfer some of your knowledge to the locals, do write to us.
Trekkers, Mountain guides & trainers, Travel Bloggers & Writers, Photographers, content writers, Educators, Interns (Social media marketing, designers, architects), short term volunteers
We also work with various local initiatives such as NGOs, Women Self Help Groups, you can write to us if you are willing to contribute to the the work they are doing.
We are looking for an individual to manage our travel start-ups social media channels and website. Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends. Someone who is obsessed with social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
The job description includes:
- Creating a social media and online marketing strategy (including SEO)
- Creating and curating content for our social media channels on a daily basis (Facebook, Instagram and twitter)
- Writing and sourcing content for our online blog
- Building colabs with online and print travel promoters
- Manage events and tour itineraries on our website. This includes writing and proof reading content and uploading content on our website through our content management system
- Create and manage social media campaigns to promote upcoming trips and events
- Coordinate with the graphic design team to create design collateral for new events and trips
- Coordinate with sales team
Skills we are looking for:
- How to create a long term social media plan and marketing calendar.
- How to track social media analytics using HootSuite, Bit.ly, and other software, and report results and new ideas to our marketing team.
- How to create compelling content and get it shared by influencers.
- Techniques to create viral loops between our Facebook Page, twitter, and blog accounts
- Ability to understand target segment and build a brand through creative brand campaigns online
What We Require:
- Background in Marketing, Communication, or other related discipline.
- Experience in SEO
- Highly organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Fearless – not afraid to be a bold and outside the box thinker.
- Love for using social networking sites, and general excitement to learn new skills.
- Highly creative content creator and writer (work samples are required)
- A proven track record in managing social media channels especially Facebook and Instagram
- Experience in the travel space would be a plus
You are required to visit our head office in Kargil for a minimum period of two months to get oriented to our work culture, the operations and systems. Post orientation period, you can move back to your home base and work with us on a part time basis (which means that you can do a full time job in your home base as well).
Remuneration will be based on your experience and is negotiable. You will be provided a space to live in Kargil with a common kitchen and bathroom. You are expected to bear your own travel and food expenses. Internal travel in Ladakh for work will be reimbursed
2. Sales Manager
We are looking for someone who can manage our online B2B andB2C sales through our website and other channels
The job description involves:
- Client servicing: Receiving inquiries and client calls through a dedicated phone number provided to you
- Managing and responding to emails for B2B enquiries, leads and follow ups
- Managing B2C sales queries on email and phone for scheduled departures and custom tours from our website
- Coordinate with website manager for updating itineraries on the website
- Coordinate with head office for sales updates and custom itineraries
- Maintain XL sheet for bookings of scheduled departures on the website and communicate same to head office on a regular basis
The applicant must have the following skills and experience in:
- Client servicing
- Handling sales
- Proven track record of sales conversions
- Understanding of B2B and B2C travel business
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) and Hindi(spoken)
- Fluency in any other language is a plus
The applicant upon selection is required to stay at our head office in the summer for a minimum period of two months to get oriented with our work culture, operations and systems. Post orientation period you can move back to your home base where you can work on a part time of full time basis. You are expected to have a high speed internet connection at your home base.
Remuneration will be based on your experience and is negotiable. You will be provided a space to live in Kargilwith a common kitchen and bathroom. You are expected to bear your own travel and food expenses. Internal travel in Ladakh for work will be reimbursed
3. Graphic and Communication Designer
We are looking for communication designer to help with creating design collateral for our travel business. The job involves:
- Creating promotional promotional communication content for social media
- Creating event posters (in print) and detailed pdfs
- Creating graphics and posters for upcoming trips and events on our website and social media channels
- Graphic illustrations
This is a part time job which means there is no continuous flow of work. It does not require you to stay in office and work. However, you are expected to visit our head office in Kargil for a minimum period of one month to get oriented with our work culture and operations. Post which you will move back to your home base and work on project basis.
Remuneration will be based on a fee per project basis depending on the scope of the design work. You will be provided a space to live in Kargil with a common kitchen and bathroom. You are expected to bear your own travel and food expenses. Internal travel in Ladakh for work will be reimbursed