Experience life at the frontiers. Situated along the LoC between India and Pakistan, Hundurman is a 500 year old settlement, 10 kms from Kargil town. Visit the Unlock Hundurman – Museum of Memories and explore the village on foot with your local host.
Cost per Person: INR 2000 ($ 30)
Type of StayHomestay
LocationHundurman Village, Kargil
No of Rooms1 (on multiple sharing basis)
Road connectivity15 minutes walk from road head
Hot Running waterHot bucket water on request
ToiletTraditional Ladakhi dry pit toilet
- Homestay for one night with breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea
- Village walk
- Museum entry tickets (100/- per person)
- Transport to and from Hundurman (Rs 1000 for one taxi with 6 PAX capacity)
- Extra meals at homestay (chargeable at 100/- per meal)
- Bottled water/packaged snacks
- The homestays have limited rooms so bigger groups have to share one big hall or two rooms.
- Homestay will provide clean bedding for everyone so no need to carry sleeping bags.
- Food will be served in the kitchen along with the family. Food will have some local preparations of rice, barley and vegetables (only veg.)
- Warm water for drinking and washing on request
- Toilet is a traditional Ladakhi dry composting toilet which is eco-friendly as the waste is reused as manure.
- Washing up area is outside the house..