2 hours to Full Day Kargil
Style of TourRafting
Max Altitude3000 m
Best SeasonJune to September
Ideal ForAdventure Seekers
- ADDITIONAL INFO
- Safety gear
- River guide
- Safety kayakers
- Medical/Life insurance
- Emergency evacuation expenses
- Tips to guides/drivers
- We have a zero trash tolerance policy. We always clean up after ourselves on all hikes and trips
- We use portable T3 tents and portable toilets and wash basins at our campsite which are cleared and wrapped up at the end of each journey.
- Our camp locations are temporary and we don’t keep any permanent fixtures at the location. We say no to plastics
- Be Local – there is no harm learning at few local words while you are there. It always helps in building a rapport with the locals and blend in. Try to eat and buy locally. Carry your own water bottles.
- We use comfortable mattresses with -10degree sleeping bags
- There is no electricity at most of our campsites as they are at remote locations. We use solar powered tent lamps.
- Our trips require a moderate level of fitness.
- The maximum altitude for treks can go upto 6100m
- Drink lot of water to stay hydrated and to avoid mountain sickness
- We always carry a first aid kid and a portable oxygen canisters for emergencies
- Average of two guides are provided for a group of 10 people
- We respect the local traditions and customs. We will always brief you regarding these each time you travel to a different location. We encourage you to be open and free while travelling to these locations and invite you to explore the region in its true sense.
- We focus on engaging local communities in our work to create livelihoods locally. Most of our camps/homestays are managed by the local villagers and local youth is engaged as guides/hosts
- We organize workshops to train local communities and youth for technical training in mountain guiding, hospitality and responsible tourism. If you are interested in contributing, do let us know.
What to carry?
- Valid ID proof (Passport/Voter ID/Drivers Licence)
- Spare clothes/under garments
- One warm jacket or windcheater
- Sun goggles
- You are expected to sign an indemnity and risk assumption form
- You are expected to be physically fit to carry out the activity
- Persons will any health conditions related to heart, breathing, blood pressure will not be allowed on this activity
- Delays are expected on account of roadblock & weather conditions. Our effort will be to continue with the trip as per the schedule & make you as comfortable as possible. But in such situations we may have to compromise on the campsite & adjust to these situations then & there. The final call will be taken by our Lead Guide on location.
- The itinerary should be viewed as ideal & we may have to make some spot changes due various unavoidable reasons.
- The distances & altitude mentioned in the above itinerary are to the best of our knowledge & information; marginal variance in the actual distances & altitudes is possible.
- You are expected to be in reasonable shape and fitness, being able to walk for several hours at a normal pace as well as to take care of your own equipment.
- The minimum age restriction for this trip is 18
- All outdoor related activities involve a certain level of risk. You are expected to sign an Indemnity Form in agreement to the risks involved through part taking in such outdoor activities.
- Roots Ladakh reserves the right and permission to use photographs of individuals and photographs submitted by them on tour for use in promotional and publicity purposes